2. Please read these Terms carefully before you start to use our website, as they will apply to your use of the Site and you will be legally bound by them.
3. By browsing and/or using the Site, you confirm that you accept these Terms and that you agree to comply with them. If you do not agree to these Terms you must not use our Site.
Information about us
4. This Site is operated by The Services Sound and Vision Corporation ("We" "Us" "Our"). We are a private company limited by guarantee and a UK registered charity. Our registered charity number is 233480 and our company registration number is 407270. Our registered office is at Chalfont Grove, Narcot Lane, Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, SL9 8TN. For more information about us please visit the about us page on our Site.
5. To contact us, please email us or fill out and submit a query via the Site.
Changes to these Terms
6. We may revise these Terms at any time by amending this page. Your use of the Site will be subject to the most recent version of these Terms available on the Site.
7. We recommend that you read through the Terms available on the Site regularly so that you can be sure that you are aware of any changes that may apply to you.
Access and use of our Site
8. Our Site is made available free of charge.
9. We may update our Site from time to time, and may change the content or any services provided through the Site at any time in our sole discretion.
10. We do not guarantee that our Site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions nor do we guarantee that our Site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted.
11. Access to the Site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of the Site without notice to you. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
12. You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Site.
13. We do not guarantee that our Site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
14. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access the Site. You should use your own virus protection software.
15. You must not misuse our Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material, which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Site, the server on which our Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Site. You must not attack our Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Site will cease immediately.
No reliance on information
16. The content on our Site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our Site.
17. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our Site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our Site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
Uploading content to our Site
18. Our Site includes functionality that enables you to upload content directly onto the Site, such as the BFBS radio message board.
19. When using any functionality on our Site that enables you to upload or post content onto the Site you agree to follow the Ministry of Defence’s advice on security and warrant and undertake that you will not submit or upload any content that:
a. is confidential, defamatory, infringing, obscene, offensive, racist, indecent, threatening or that is or is likely to threaten or put the security or safety of any armed forces personnel at risk or is otherwise unlawful or objectionable;
b. you do not own or do not have the permission of the owner or any other relevant person who may have rights in or connected to the content you are uploading;
c. is classed as personal data if uploading it to the Site would be a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 or any other applicable data protection or privacy legislation; or
d. would infringe the Intellectual Property Rights of another person.
20. Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such content for any purpose.
21. The views expressed by other users on our Site do not represent our views or values. We will not be responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for any content or content posted by you or any other user of our Site.
22. You will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of the warranties and undertakings set out in section 7.2 above. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of those warranties and undertakings.
23. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our Site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, their right to privacy, or any other legal rights.
Intellectual property rights
24. We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Site, and in the material published or broadcast on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
25. You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our Site, or make a recording of any broadcast made through the Site for your personal use provided that:
a. the material shall not be reproduced or included in any other work or publication in any medium; (b) the material may not be modified or altered in any way;
b. the material may not be distributed or sold to any third party;
c. you do not remove any copyright or other proprietary notices contained in the material.
26. You must not use any part of the content on our Site, including any live broadcasts made through the Site, for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
27. If you copy or use any part of our Site or the content made available through it in breach of these Terms, your right to use our Site will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
Linking to our Site
28. You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists, nor establish a link to our Site in any website that is not owned by you. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
29. Third party links and resources in our Site Where our Site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and cannot be held liable for them in anyway.
30. We may run competitions on our Site or through the services accessible on our Site such as any radio or television broadcasts. Any competitions run via the Site will be subject to our General Competition Terms available here.
Data protection and privacy
Limitation of our liability
32. Nothing in these Terms excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or our fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by law.
33. To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our Site or any content on it, or services provided through it, whether express or implied.
34. We will not be liable to you or any other user of the Site for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with the use of, or inability to use, the Site or use of or reliance on any content or material displayed, published or broadcast on our Site.
35. We only provide our Site and the services and content made available through it for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
36. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
37. The Terms do not create or infer any rights that are enforceable by any person who is not party to the Terms.
38. You may not assign, sub-license or otherwise transfer any of your rights and obligations in these Terms to any other person.
39. If we decide not to exercise or enforce any right that we have against you at a particular time, then this does not prevent us from later deciding to exercise or enforce that right.
40. If any part of the Terms is found to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by a court or regulator, then, where required, that part shall be deleted from the Terms and the remaining parts of the Terms will continue to be enforceable.
41. These Terms, including their subject matter and formation, are governed by English law. You agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising out of or in connection with these Terms, save that if you are a resident of Northern Ireland or Scotland you may also bring proceedings in the jurisdiction in which you are resident.