The US Department of Defense (DoD) has announced a new $325m military aid package for Ukraine – including ammunition for High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems (Himars).
It is the 36th drawdown of equipment for Ukraine since August 2021 from the US DoD under the Biden administration.
Himars is a light multiple rocket launcher system and one of the most significant weapons sent to Ukraine by the West.
As well as ammunition for the Himars, the package also includes artillery rounds, anti-tank armour systems and anti-tank mines.
There are also munitions for obstacle clearing, more than nine million rounds of small arms ammunition, four logistical support vehicles and precision aerial munition, amongst other capabilities and equipment.
Earlier this month, the US sent a $2.6bn package to Ukraine which also included Himars ammunition.
The US said it would continue to provide Ukraine with support and meet the country's immediate battlefield needs.
It comes after the Ukrainian Minister of Defence confirmed a delivery of Patriot air defense systems.
Oleksii Reznikov tweeted his thanks to Ukraine's partners, without naming a specific country, but did offer his thanks to Germany's defense minister.
"Today, our beautiful Ukrainian sky becomes more secure because Patriot air defense systems have arrived in Ukraine," he said.
"Our air defenders have mastered them as fast as they could. And our partners have kept their word."
The full list of equipment being sent as part of the 36th drawdown is:
- Additional ammunition for High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems (Himars)
- 155mm and 105mm artillery rounds
- Tube-Launched, Optically-Tracked, Wire-Guided (TOW) missiles
- AT-4 anti-armour weapon systems
- Anti-tank mines
- Demolition munitions for obstacle clearing
- More than nine million rounds of small arms ammunition
- Four logistics support vehicles
- Precision aerial munitions
- Testing and diagnostic equipment to support vehicle maintenance and repair
- Port and harbour security equipment
- Spare parts and other field equipment