T20 Cricket: RAF Play Double-Header Against Fire And Police Services

The matches at Tickhill Cricket Club saw a number of fantastic catches for the Royal Air Force.

Royal Air Force cricketers have competed in a T20 double-header against the Fire Service and Police Service.

The RAF competed in the final two games of the tournament, losing their opener against the firemen.

Their second game saw a more positive result for the military, defeating the Police.

After the Fire Service had beaten the Police in the opening match of the tournament, the RAF knew they would have a tough task in match one.

They started in the field but couldn't stop the Fire Service breaching 50 runs in a quick time.

Eventually, the first wicket fell as Sam Beales took a catch from Jack Harrison's bowling.

The Air Force collected six wickets in total for the innings, with Kieran Pearce catching the eye with a double.

Avish Patel and Tom Shorthouse also grabbed wickets, but they were unable to stop the Fire Service from setting a difficult target at 137 runs

The RAF coaching staff will be pleased with their fielders with a number of catches proving vital against the Police.

The RAF then had a disastrous innings with the bat.

They were all out for 104 runs and fell 33 runs short of the target.

Tom Berzins (39) was the top scorer but Shorthouse (2), Patel (1) and Jack Harrison (0) had torrid times at the crease.

Chris Oliver was a hope for the Royal Air Force as he hit 13 runs from 15 balls but he was bowled clean soon after.

After defeat, the RAF needed to pick themselves up and go again in their second match against the Police.

They batted first this time and put in a much better showing.

Shorthouse was the star of the show as he grabbed a century and faced over 60 deliveries.

His 123-run haul, along with Barzins (18), Beales (29) and Adam Sutcliffe (15), meant the RAF ended the innings at 189-3.

It was up to the bowlers and fielder to confirm the victory and they did their job perfectly.

Patel was the pick of the bowlers with four wickets while two great catches were a highlight.

Pearce pulled off a tremendous one-handed catch to the awe of the crowd while a few overs later, Beales eventually caught the ball after juggling it a few times.

In the end, the Police ended their 20 overs at 126-9 meaning the RAF ended the day with a win.