December will be a quiet month with infantry trials taking place between 1-14 December on west and centre of SPTA and 2 reconnaissance courses finishing on 19 December.
Firing finishes in the centre on 14 December with all training finished from 21 December when the range closes for the Christmas break and reopens on 7 January 2019. Please report all concerns to the Complaints Help Desk on 01980 620819 in the first instance.
Monthly firing calendar for Dec 2018 (subject to change)
1. Artillery live firing days from areas 6, 7 and 8 (east of Chitterne): Nil
2. Artillery live firing days on Salisbury plain (east) (north of Bulford & west of Tidworth): Nil
3. Late firing days on Larkhill/Westdown danger area (north of Larkhill): 04, 06, 08, 11, 13
4. Non-firing days on Larkhill/Westdown danger area: 01, 02, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31
5. Non-firing days on Bulford fixed firing ranges: 01, 02, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 2
6. Late firing days on Imber ranges, areas 1, 2, 3, 4 (east of Warminster): 01
Access to SPTA is regulated by Salisbury Plain Military Lands, Bulford, Larkhill and Imber Range Byelaws. Always comply with local signs and flags. Rights of way in Range Danger Areas are closed when red flags are flying.
Access timings for the next week can be found on the SPTA Walks Line: (01980) 674763.
Imber Ranges. The public are excluded at all times, except when the roads are specifically opened. Planned opening dates for 2018 are as follows:
Open for Christmas 1800hrs Thur 27 Dec 18 Closed 0800hrs Wed 02 Jan 19
What Can You Do To Reduce Crime On Salisbury Plain?
There has been an increase of thefts from motor vehicles that have been left unattended on the training area. Owners are reminded not to leave valuables in plain sight.
If any crime is taking place call 999, (or 101) and do not under any circumstances challenge the offenders.
Health and Safety reminder for ALL Military Training Areas and Ranges:
- Do not touch or tamper with Military debris.
- Wash your hands before you eat.
- Clean your footwear before you enter your car or home.
Information from Chris Shears Major (Training Safety Officer) for Senior Training Safety Officer Salisbury Plain Training Area.