Forces Network has been getting cooking advice from culinary experts across the three services to give you some cooking tips for that crucial Christmas lunch.
Festivities are almost a synonym of leftovers, but what to do with all that food?
Corporal Danielle Trunzo from 3 Mobile Catering Squadron at RAF Wittering gave us some creative solutions, which involve sprouts, bacon and mash potato.
- Take the festive sprouts you made from this recipe and put them into a mixing bowl with the mashed potato. You can also add any other vegetables you have leftovers. And mix together.
- In a separate bowl add flour, salt and pepper.
- Heat a large frying pan with oil.
- Whilst the pan heats up, go back to your vegetable mix and separate into disk-shaped portions (like a burger shape) and one by one dip them into the flour mix - pat off the excess.
- Add the potato like cakes to the pan of oil and leave until they're a nice golden brown. Fry on each side for 2-3 minutes (optional: you could whisk up eggs and make breadcrumbs to dip the cake like potatoes into as well as flour - for a crunchier texture).
- Plate up and enjoy!
Six simple stages to get you leaping for tatty patties!