The British Forces Postal System is vital for anybody in the military and their families.
That service is now guaranteed to continue and grow in strength with the Royal Mail and the MOD renewing their contract by signing the Forces Mail Settlement.
The contract ensures that overseas personnel are able to receive post from loved ones from around the world at affordable rates.
British Forces Post Offices (BFPO), based all over the world, handles service personnel’s mail while it is overseas and the Royal Mail takes over its handling when it reaches the UK.
Did You Know?
- The Royal Mail is celebrating its 500th birthday this year.
- Henry VIII knighted Brian Tuke as the first Master of the Posts in 1516.
- During the First World War BFPO delivered two billion letters.
- An e-bluey is a letter than can be sent directly online and printed in theatre.
- During the first three months of the Invasion of Iraq in 2003 over 250,000 e-blueys per month were sent.
- More than 80% of the letters sent between British forces and their family and friends on operations are e-blueys.
Forces TV is available on Sky 264, Virgin 277 and Freesat 652