The Royal Navy's latest £3 billion aircraft carrier has passed an important milestone towards completion as it takes delivery of the Command centre, seen in the time lapse film below:
The film shows Europe's largest crane - appropriately known as a Goliath crane - lifting the command tower from the barge and onto the deck.
Some interesting facts about the Queen Elizabeth Carrier class:
* Over 470 London buses can park on the flight deck.
* The Queen Elizabeth is more than three times the size of HMS Illustrious.
* The on-board water treatment plant can produce over 500 tonnes of fresh water every day.
* The Queen Elizabeth was built in sections across the UK & shipped to Rosyth in Scotland.
* Its range is 10,000 nautical miles