Former Royal Marine Commando turned TV personality JJ Chalmers is joining the BFBS broadcast team for this year's Army v Navy clash at Twickenham.
The annual fixture is Britain's biggest amateur sport event and sees a double-header of men’s and women’s matches at the home of England Rugby.
Chalmers, who starred in the BBC dance contest show Strictly Come Dancing in 2020, will anchor commentary teams for both matches which will be broadcast live and exclusively by the military charity and media organisation BFBS on the Forces News YouTube channel.
- Army v Navy: How do the US and UK games compare?
- Inter Services rugby: How to watch Army v Navy matches live
- Travel update for Army v Navy match on strike day
BFBS - the parent company of Forces News - is the official Broadcast Partner for the matches, and they will also be shown to military personnel serving overseas on BFBS TV.
Joining him are an array of military and sporting pundits, including England and Army star Jane Leonard and both the Army and Royal Navy head coaches.
The matches will also be live on BFBS Radio where ex-England rugby hooker, Mark Regan, and England's international rugby star, Rocky Clark, will commentate.
Broadcaster Chalmers was injured by an IED blast in Afghanistan, and he went on to win gold at the Invictus Games.
He said: "I'm so excited to be presenting this year's Army v Navy for BFBS. This is 'the' event in the military sports calendar, and I'm delighted to be part of the action on the day.
"Military sport is so important for morale and for bringing people together – it’s great that Forces News and BFBS are giving the forces community and civvies around the world the chance to enjoy the event live."
All coverage details regarding the remaining matches of the 2023 Inter Services rugby union championships are:
British Army men v Royal Navy men - Twickenham Stadium – 13 May - 13:30 BST - LIVE on Forces News YouTube and BFBS TV (for serving personnel only).
British Army women v Royal Navy women - Twickenham Stadium – 13 May - 16:45 BST - LIVE on Forces News YouTube and via BFBS TV (for serving personnel only).
Army v Navy coverage (both matches) on BFBS Radio - Twickenham Stadium - 13 May – from 09:00 BST - visit https://radio.bfbs.com to listen.
Joining JJ Chalmers in the commentary team are.
- Flt Sgt Justin Coleman, RAF head coach
- Lt Owen Salmon, Royal Navy head coach
- Jane Leonard, England and Army rugby star
- Flt Lt Chrissie Siczowa, former RAF captain
- Lt Col Ann O'Flynn, ex England international
- Andy Sanger, Harlequins coach and ex-Army
- Simon Ward, Six Nations and World Cup commentator
- Jon Knighton, Sport Editor BFBS
- Catherine Brazier, Deputy Sport Editor, BFBS