RAF Typhoon Display Team performs (Picture: MOD).
RAF

Coronavirus: RAF Typhoon Display Team Cancels 2020 Season

The team was initially suspended in March due to the coronavirus outbreak.

RAF Typhoon Display Team performs (Picture: MOD).

The Royal Air Force Typhoon Display Team has cancelled its 2020 season due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

The team made the announcement with "heavy hearts" in a post on its social media channels.

"Whilst fully understanding the decision and the need to restrict social engagement, the team and all here at RAF Coningsby are disappointed, as we are sure you are," the full announcement read.

"We thank you for all your continued support and well wishes you have sent us over the last few months.

"We have a great following and hope is on the horizon."

In March, the RAF announced the suspension of all air and band displays until "further notice" over the COVID-19 outbreak.

It impacted a number of the Air Force's display teams, including the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight and the Chinook Display Team.

However, the Red Arrows have since returned to the skies for "essential training".

The RAF Typhoon Display Team said it has "already started planning for the 2021 season" and vowed to bring "noise louder than ever before".

On Tuesday, it was announced the RAF Cosford Air Show had been cancelled over the pandemic.

The show had earlier been postponed to September as organisers said they were "unable to guarantee normality" by the initial start date on 14 June.

Other major air shows, including the Royal International Air Tattoo at RAF Fairford, have also been called off becuase of the pandemic.

Cover image: RAF Typhoon Display Team performing in 2019 (Picture: MOD).