The Duxford Battle of Britain Proms and the 80th Anniversary Battle of Britain Air Show 2020 have been cancelled due to coronavirus.
The events, organised by the Imperial War Museums (IWM), were due to take place over 18, 19 and 20 September.
In a statement, IWM said they were "devastated" to have had to take the decision, and apologised to the thousands of visitors who had already booked tickets.
They said they had been "working tirelessly" with Public Health England and South Cambridgeshire District Council but said they "feel it would be irresponsible to continue with the event in this rapidly-changing climate".
"We are devastated to have to take this decision, and want to thank our visitors, supporters, partners, neighbours and staff members for their incredible support over the past few days and weeks," the statement read.
"IWM, like many other museums across the country, is under significant financial pressure due to the coronavirus pandemic so it is a huge blow to have to cancel one of our biggest events less than a week before it takes place.
"We are confident that our visitors, partners and supporters understand we would not have taken lightly a decision of this magnitude."
It comes as the UK's R number climbs above 1, with the country recording its highest number of coronavirus cases since mid-May.
Earlier this week, Boris Johnson announced from Monday, groups of no more than six will be able to meet up.
IWM Duxford is Europe's largest air museum.
During the Battle of Britain in the Second World War, it was a Sector Station - responsible for directing squadrons into battle.
Anyone who has already purchased tickets has been guaranteed an offer of a refund, as well as options to donate tickets alongside membership opportunities.
Details of the next air show season and the museum's programme of events for 2021 are set to be released in due course.
Cover image: Hurricanes fly during last year's Battle of Britain Air Show (Picture: PA).