Wreaths of poppies laid during Remembrance Sunday at the Cenotaph in London (Picture: MoD).
Primary school children have been 'banned' from the Remembrance Sunday parade in Bridgend, Wales, over "health and safety" concerns.
The council has ruled kids under 11 - including Brownie and Cub groups and Cadets - will be turned away.
The Royal British Legion Bridgend Branch said that after bad weather last year, children of a primary school age would instead be able to attend to a "family" service on 10 November.
A spokesman said: "Plans are commencing regarding the family service of which children of primary school age will be able to take part in a service that is more suitable to this age group."
A council spokeswoman told the BBC: "This was further exacerbated by adverse weather conditions.
"Last year a number of young children had to be taken out of the parade to be with a family member and some needed medical attention from St John Ambulance."
However, some veterans did not agree with the decision.
He added: "The actions of the town council are completely unacceptable, they should take pride in involving everyone.
"Their pitiful excuse is health and safety reasons i.e. the length of the service and the weather. To be honest the same could be said for the elderly.
"The excuse is frankly a cop-out and is wrong. Today's children should honour the fallen as it's completely disrespectful.
"Preventing the children from taking part will clearly be a decision that is likely to cause ill feeling on a day where we remember our fallen.
"Many of them would have had great-grandparents that were affected by terrible world wars and they are being prevented from honouring them.
"Frankly it's a complete outrage."
The commemoration, which this year marks the centenary of the end of the First World War, will take place all over the UK at 11am on Armistice Day, 11 November.
The Bridgend commemorations are organised by the town's Royal British Legion branch on behalf of the council.