Army reservist and 2017 Great British Bake Off winner Sophie Faldo has given Forces Network her special recipe for a festive treat.
Sophie has revealed how to make her ginger orange and dark chocolate shortbread biscuits.
The Royal Artillery reservist, who is training to be a stuntwoman, said:
"This is a really lovely recipe but so easy to make. It's a shortbread made in my favourite way... in a food processor!"
"It makes it even simpler, cuts down on washing up and yet produces a biscuit with a wonderful crumbly texture.
"I dip these in dark chocolate as I love the combination of flavours with the orange and ginger."
- Place all of the ingredients in a food processor and whizz until a very fine powdery crumb.
- Tip out onto the work surface and work it into a dough. Wrap loosely with cling film and roll out to approximately 1cm thickness, or just less.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut out your favourite shapes and place on a lined baking tray. Put into the fridge for at least 20 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 160 C and bake until lightly golden brown around the edges, approximately 10-15 mins. Transfer to a baking tray to cool.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl, very slowly over a pan of simmering water. Keep stirring and take the bowl off the water just before all of the chocolate is melted and continue to stir until it is all melted.
Sophie added: "I pour mine into a narrow vessel like a mug to dip the biscuits as you can cover more of the biscuit. Just make sure it's wide enough before you start!
"Half dip the biscuits, scrape off the excess and place on a lined baking tray to set..."
Photos courtesy of Jacob Botter.