This week on BFBS Radio you'll hear from forces families, 'Lockdown Legends' and even former British athlete Kriss Akabusi gets involved.
Also, get those shades on, pour yourself something cold and don't miss out on KISSfest on BFBS this Spring Bank Holiday.
TUESDAY from 6:30pm UK time
The latest episode of 'Team Talk' - the show that shares the trials and tribulations of family life in the military.
- Louise from Little Troopers talks to Mary Claire about her struggle with mental health due to the emotional impact of forces life.
- Karen Ross from the Army Families Federation and Bridget Nicholson from the Naval Families Federation give advice on looking after your mental health when you are part of a forces family.
- We celebrate a ‘Little Victory’ with Imani who is helping her community by putting her “Incredible Eats” fridges in food banks.
- And Olympic medal-winning athlete Kriss Akabusi tells us how much he enjoyed his time in the Royal Signals.
Listen To The Podcast: Team Talk
WEDNESDAY from 4pm UK time
Join Jay James and Amy Casey for ‘BFBS Forces Fit’ on the ‘Big Show’ plus, to mark Mental Health Awareness week, charity 'Strong Not Silent' join the Big Show team to chat their ongoing campaign.
THURSDAY from 4pm UK time
Jackie Rautenbach, Head of Social Media at BFBS, talks to Amy Casey about the new Digital CULTure course and how you can get involved.
FRIDAY from 4pm UK time
Another ‘Lockdown Legend’ is crowned on Friday's Big Show. Has someone you know gone the extra mile or done something impressive during this Coronavirus pandemic? If so, then The Big Show wants to hear from you.
Nominate your ‘Lockdown Legend’ now at [email protected]
Get Hyped For The Weekend With KISSfest on BFBS - May 23, 24 & 25 from 6pm UK time
This bank holiday weekend we’ll be airing ‘KISSfest on BFBS’ - 12 hours of DJ sets across three days. Originally broadcast on KISS in the UK during their Easter weekend virtual event, KISSfest BFBS will bring you sets from the likes of Gorgon City, Jax Jones, Joel Corry, Sigala and Major Lazer.
Join us on Spring Bank Holiday May 23, 24 and 25 from 6pm UK time, for a huge slice of the radio rave on BFBS, The Forces Station.
Access All Areas with Tim Humphries - 10am UK time
This show shines a light on the incredible work of cadets. If there is a cadet you feel deserves some acknowledgement then email [email protected]
Every year the RAF holds a Remembrance service for the 20,000 Commonwealth airmen and women who lost their lives in the Second World War and have no known grave.
Sadly, due to the COVID 19 pandemic, the full service couldn’t happen this year. Instead, a ‘virtual service’ took place at the Air Forces Memorial at Runnymede in Surrey.
Listen below to the best of last week including:
- A military family who wrote a song for the NHS following a close encounter
- Gabby Allen on The Big Show talking fitness
- The Bike Shed - a free service for those delivering essentials by bike
- The government giving £6 million of funding towards military charities
- A Welsh Guards veteran who climbed the equivalent of the three peaks from home
- The launch of the Forces Voices competition
- The Scrub Hub - an initiative by a military spouse at Sandhurst who is sewing scrubs for the NHS