On social media we asked 'what luxury item you would take on deployment' - and received a variety of responses from pillows to tabasco sauce.
Let's face it, sometimes it's the little things that can mean the most when you're away and want to have some home comforts.
Here is a round up of a few of the suggestions:
- Luxury pillow. We think many would agree with this one.
- Kindle or similar electronic reading device. This definitely saves having to carry heavy books with you.
- Gaming laptop and controller. Although this setup might be prone to accidents.
- Hairbrush, this one might be more essential than just a luxury.
- Tabasco sauce. The reason given for this was: "It makes every meal even better or edible."
- English mustard - for reasons similar to above.
- Combat cafetiere. Need we say more?
- And lastly, perhaps the sweetest suggestion of them all, a teddy bear.
Is your luxury item on the list?