Fancy a chocolate flavour cake, some tutti fruity drink powder or raspberry toasted muesli?
They are all tasty items on the menu in the current UK military personnel ration packs.
A Freedom of Information (FOI) request has revealed what foods are on offer for the nine main rations packs provided to personnel.
Here is a rundown of what the Armed Forces personnel get to tuck into.
All of the ration packs (apart from the Cold Rations pack) include 10 different menus with an assortment of different food items.
Energy drink powders are crucial and occur frequently on all of the menus in a bunch of interesting flavours, from grapefruit and pineapple to tutti fruity.
The types of ration packs that are currently provided are the following:
- 24-hour General Purpose pack – includes chicken sausages and beans, chicken curry with potato and rice, and Indonesian-style spicy rice with pork. Among the packs are a range of sweet treats too such as exotic fruit nougat, cola bottles and several different flavoured cakes.
- 24-hour Vegetarian pack – some examples of the meals are raspberry toasted muesli with milk, frittatas and Kashmiri potato curry.
- 24-hour Kosher pack – among the menus are an assortment of different food items to best suit the Kosher diet such as Kosher chicken with dhal, Kosher beef bolognese pasta and Kosher beef with kale and rice.
- 24-hour Halal pack – included in the rations pack are food items including Halal chicken jalfrezi, chickpea and rice, halal steak and vegetables, and mac and cheese to best suit the religious and cultural requirements.
- The 24-hour Sikh/Hindu pack includes vegetarian sausage and beans, raspberry toasted muesli with milk as well as more foods to best suit the religious and cultural requirements.
- 24-hour Enhanced pack – similar menu items to the general purpose but full of more energy drink powders in a number of flavours, like apple, cola, and pear.
- The 24-hour Cold Climate pack includes eight menus of food items such as lime and pepper tuna pouches, salt-crusted peanuts, BBQ peanuts, cheese biscuits, dark chocolate and strawberry jam.
- 8-hour Single Meal pack – included are more condensed 10 menus with a range of food items such as steak, vegetables and dumplings, halal chicken jalfrezi, chickpea and rice.
- The 10-Man pack includes five different menus with an assortment of different food items, including minced beef in gravy, instant mashed potato powder, chocolate chip and orange flapjack biscuits, canned cheese and corned beef.
Watch: NATO troops compared their army ration packs last year.
Survival Rations are also part of the portfolio of rations provided but there are no menus available.
What can be seen in the menus is a wide range of variants which are designed to meet the religious and cultural requirements of the modern, diverse nature of the British military and the climate in which they operate.
All menus have been developed to ensure maximum choice for the end user and to prevent menu fatigue.