BFBS Academy launched ‘Digital CULTure’, an online course and digital community aimed to help service leavers and others in the military gain the skills they need to secure a job in the digital industry or expand their own business through social media – which is more important now than it has ever been.
‘Digital CULTure’ is a vocational in-depth, fast-track 11-week web-based course from the BFBS Academy - part of media military charity and media organisation BFBS - and has been designed to take individuals from little or no knowledge of social media to an advanced knowledge and skill level.
The course is taught by the BFBS social media team, who are part of the military community and are responsible for BFBS’ social media channels, as well as the highly successful #SocialMediaSpouses course, which has already helped many military spouses and partners find digital jobs or expand their own businesses.
Digital CULTure uses a combination of online learning tools, live lessons and mentoring and each student will have weekly virtual lessons with a dedicated social media coach, who’ll guide and support them throughout the course.
The course also offers access to an exclusive online community where individuals can find advice on careers in social media, content or campaigns.
Join the community here.
The course leaders will also offer ongoing support and feedback on anything related to social media.
The course focuses on the following areas of social media:
- Understand Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn’s algorithms, along with effective strategies to make content stand out in the noisy world of social media.
- Planning, implementation and evaluation of social media campaigns.
- Growing an engaged audience, moderating comments and discussions, and dealing with difficult situations online.
- Taking truly show-stopping images for use in a social media campaign.
- Producing professional social media videos that can compete with the thousands of others out there... just by using a smartphone.
- Creating effective paid-for advertising on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.
- Understanding the major platforms’ built-in analytics tools to score and evaluate social media campaigns.
Course Leader Jackie Rautenbach said:
“At BFBS Academy we aim to build confidence, develop skills and offer opportunities by training individuals, teams and organisations in how to communicate more effectively.
"During this current climate it is more important than ever for people to have support with employment and we hope that this course will give people the confidence to either go out and look for a new career or find new ways to support their current business using social media effectively.”
The Social Media Spouses course, BFBS Academy’s course for serving military spouses and partners, has already seen some great results, with applicants going into jobs such as the Head of Social Media at RBLI and Social Media Manager for the Military CoWorking Hubs.
Feedback from spouses who have completed the course include comments such as: “such a boost for my self-esteem”, “invaluable to me” and that the support was “unbelievable.”
Jackie added: “The feedback from the previous course has been so positive, we look forward to now also supporting service leavers and others in the military community to achieve their goals within the digital world so come and #jointhecult."
To book onto the course please visit https://www.thedigitalcult.co.uk