Commando Chef Mike Beaton has shared a nutritious and delicious recipe, perfect for a healthy start to the new year.
Easy and affordable, sea bass on a bed of minty veg is packed full of protein and is only 350 calories a portion.
The healthy dinner for two will set you back £3.50 per head.
- ‘Boom!’: Commando Chef awarded MBE for health promotion
- Could wild swimming help with PTSD?
- Military year in review: Armed Forces chiefs look back on 2022
The nutritious dinner is easy, quick, and affordable. Exactly the type of meal you'd want to eat and have the energy to make after the excesses of the festive period.
You will need:
- 2x sea bass
- tinned peas
- mange tout
- mint sauce
How to do it the Commando Chef way:
- Place sea bass on a baking tray skin up and drizzle with rapeseed oil
- Chuck under the grill at 220°C until the fish is cooked through
- Steam broccoli and mange tout in the microwave
- Fry onions and mushrooms. Add salt and pepper
- Add tinned peas and steamed veg
- Add as many dollops of mint sauce as your heart desires.
- Serve sea bass on top of the minty veg. Boom!
In 2020, Colour Sergeant Mike Beaton was made an MBE for promoting a healthy lifestyle within the forces world.