What has happened to Corrie McKeague? Forces News takes an in-depth look into the extraordinary mystery of the RAF serviceman who simply vanished into thin air...
Corrie was last seen at 3.24am on September 24, 2016, on Brentgovel Street, Bury St Edmunds.
The 23-year-old, who was with No2 Sqn, RAF Regiment, based at Honington, was going to meet some friends on Friday, but had been left behind after a misunderstanding.
He drove himself into town to meet them and, after entering a few different bars, they went to the Flex nightclub.
At around 1.00 am he was escorted out of the club by the doorman after he reportedly agreed to “leave amicably”.
He then went to a takeaway place without his friends and was seen by a CCTV camera eating his food.
He appeared unsteady, on the corner of Brentgovel Street and St Andrew’s Street, in the “horseshoe” area of the town.
Corrie took a nap for around two hours in a doorway of an electrical store before another CCTV camera recorded him walking in Brentgovel Street at 3.25 am.
This was the last time Corrie would be seen alive:
RAF Honington reported their airman was missing at 11.30 am the following Monday, when he didn’t turn up for a parade.
On October 4 it was revealed that his mobile phone had been tracked moving 12 miles away to Barton Mills just hours after he was last seen.
It followed the route of the bin lorry which was later searched with no trace of Corrie. The landfill where it dropped its waste was not examined.
Suffolk Police continued their search, and it was later determined that Corrie could not have left the area on foot without being picked up by the town’s CCTV.
The landfill search started on the 6th March, after Corrie's family campaigned for it landfill to be examined.
It was only after revelations that the refuse vehicle was carrying a heavier load than first thought that searches started in the landfill site in Cambridgeshire.
However, on 21st July the police announced that they will end the search for the missing airman after "no trace" of him was found - despite believing his remains are somewhere on site.
His mum, Nicola Urquhart, says she doesn't understand why the search for his body has been abandoned when the RAF stands ready to assist:
She has also said that police had been searching the wrong area of the landfill for 10 weeks.
Suffolk Police have previously been criticised by the public and former detectives for how they carried out the investigation.