‘It is with heartbroken sadness I let you know that my husband Henry Worsley has died following complete organ failure; despite all efforts of ALE and medical staff.
"[Prince] Harry and I are very sad to hear of the loss of Henry Worsley. He was a man who showed great courage and determination and we are incredibly proud to be associated with him."
"We have lost a friend, but he will remain a source of inspiration to us all, especially those who will benefit from his support to the Endeavour Fund."
"Having been a career soldier for 36 years and recently retired, it has been a way of giving back to those far less fortunate than me.
"He was a remarkable man attempting an extraordinary feat for the worthiest of worthy personal causes - raising money for wounded veterans.
- 1980: Commissioned into the infantry battalion, The Royal Green Jackets
- 1993: Awarded an MBE for service on operations in Northern Ireland
- 1993 to 1996: Chief of Staff of 143 (West Midlands) Brigade
- 2000 to 2003: Commanding Officer, 2nd Battalion The Royal Green Jackets
- 2002: Awarded the Queen's Commendation for Valuable Service
- 3rd October 2015: Left the British Army after a distinguished 36 year career